Education Forum Sri Lanka (EFSL) invites applications for the position of researcher, part-time or full-time at mid or junior level.
EFSL is an independent platform that engages with experts and stakeholders from multiple sectors in order to catalyze policy reforms in education using evidence-based interventions. Our goal is equitable access, child-friendly processes, and quality outcomes in education in Sri Lanka through the accountability of actors and institutions responsible. Founder Members are Sujata Gamage, Tara de Mel, and Nisha Arunatilake.
- Work with Dr. Sujata Gamage to collect data and write policy briefs on topics identified by EFSL. See https://www.educationforum.lk/what-we-do/ for an indicative list.
- Organize EFSL policy dialogues and summarize discussions
- Communicate our work through the EFSL web site and FB and Twitter accounts
- Assist in furthering the objectives of EFSL
Qualifications: The applicant should
- Have a good academic record in a social science or science discipline
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out research and analysis using data
- Be able to communicate, orally, in writing and through digital media
- Eager to learn and apply new concepts and techniquesÂ
You will be working virtually, but LIRNEasiaâ€™s office space can be used as needed. (LIRNEasia is the research partner of EFSL).
For the right candidate, EFSL offers:
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in education
- Remuneration commensurate with your expertise
- Six-month contract with the possibility of a long-term position at LIRNEasia
Please submit a detailed CV with phone/email contacts of two references who can speak to relevant experience/abilities and a sample of research-related writing to the following email: eduforumLK@gmail.com by August 30, 2020.